As we move into COVID-19 Response Alert Level 1 on Tuesday 22nd September, we all must remember to “Play It Safe”!
Following the government announcement of a step down to COVID-19 Alert Level 1, we share with you again what our services will look like under COVID-19 Alert Level 1. Our team would like to thank you for your cooperation with our COVID-19 response.
At every COVID-19 Response Alert Level, businesses must fully comply with government guidance. As an employer, we have an obligation to provide a safe working environment to our team, as well as a safe environment for our clients. In addition to the overriding government guidance, we follow directives from the Veterinary Council of New Zealand(VCNZ).
Alert Level 1 means we can deliver all of our usual services WITH SOME NON-NEGOTIABLE RESTRICTIONS (listed below). The Level 1 rule is “Play It Safe“! When engaging our services, you are required to comply with Health & Safety policies as instructed by our team, which will be clearly communicated to you. There will be absolutely no exceptions to this.
At Alert Level 1, our normal opening hours apply (8am-5:30pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-12:30pm on Saturdays), with the following restrictions:
- You must use the provided hand sanitiser on arrival and leaving of the clinic.
- ALL people on our premises must practice social distancing (2 metres), especially in the retail area.
- If you prefer to order your retail products by email ([email protected]) you can still do so. Payment and collection arrangements will be confirmed with you.
- If your pet requires a consultation that can be completed by phone (as determined by a veterinarian), and you are more comfortable with this as you are in a high-risk group, this can still be arranged. Telephone consults incur the usual consult fee.
- When making an appointment, you will be asked screening questions about your current health status and any insolation restrictions you are under. If you are unable to leave your home, or if you are unwell with cold/flu-like symptoms, you MUST arrange for somebody else to bring your pet to us.]
- Only ONE person who is well, and under no isolation restrictions may accompany a pet to an appointment. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Please bring your own pen in order to avoid the handling of pens by multiple people.
- Repeat prescription requests can be completed online on our website as usual.
- For ALL appointments, you MUST call first on 06 281 3157. As always, we operate by appointment only.
Grooming continues to operate at Level 1. Only ONE person who is well, and under no isolation restrictions may drop a pet off for grooming. Requests for the type of groom needed must be completed over the phone at time of booking to reduce person-to-person contact time.
For boarding cattery bookings, please phone our team on 281 3157.
Puppy Preschool operates at Level 1 – numbers of attendees will be restricted, and other precautionary measures will apply. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for an announcement of the starting date for the next 5 week course.
MUPEC (Massey University Pet Emergency Centre) provides our after hours service, and can be reached on 0800 738 363.
While we are all thrilled that we have moved down Alert Levels once again, we must remain vigilant! If at any time the government announces a move back into a higher Alert Level, our operations will change again and more restrictions will take effect. Like everyone in NZ, we hope this won’t be the case, however, COVID-19 will remain a threat for the foreseeable future.
In the clinic, you will notice perspex screens at our reception, and marked areas to assist with social distancing. Our team continues to wear PPE as appropriate, and our cleaning protocols are in accordance with current advice. Our aim is to keep you and our team safe while we continue to provide your animals with care, and enable you to get supplies that you need for them. We look forward to continuing to assist you with your animal’s healthcare needs!