Pet Nutrition Advice and Pet Food
We often underestimate the importance of nutrition for ourselves and our pets. A well designed nutritional diet can often save you money over the life of your pet, and provide them with the essential foundations for a healthy life. Nutrition is officially the fifth vital sign of your animals health (after Temperature, Pulse, Respiration and Pain).
An individually assessed diet based on your pet’s life stage is recommended from puppies and kittens through to senior stage and then prescription diets for certain medical conditions. This diet must be complete and balanced. Our team is able to advise you on the correct nutritional requirements for your pet.
Feeding a pup or kitten incorrectly can lead to joint issues, stunted growth and poor coat condition, with correct nutrition we can prevent many health-related disease.
We also have veterinary specific diets for pets with pre-existing conditions e.g.
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Urinary tract problems e.g. stress bladder infections or blocked bladders
- Skin Allergies
- Food Allergies
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- GI upsets
We stock Hills Science Diets and Prescription range and Royal Canin to meet all your pet’s requirements – they have the highest quality ingredients
- High quality protein source – promotes healthy muscle maintenance
- Antioxidants and Vitamins – promotes a healthy immune system
- Omega 3 and 6 and Essential Fatty Acids – important for healthy skin and coat
- High levels of pre-biotics – promotes digestive health
Dry biscuit formulas are also beneficial for dental care, as the kibble design helps to fight tartar build up and massages the gum.